Attorney-at-Law | Head of Litigation
Dr. Eike Schaper, Maître en droit
Head of Litigation at ABP Burger Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft since October 2021.
Dr. Schaper has been a practicing Attorney-at-Law specialized in IP for over 18 years offering his clients comprehensive advice regarding any and all intellectual property rights, and in the field of competition law with a focus on litigation.
- For patent infringement proceedings, he has familiarized himself with the specifics of a variety of technical fields and has fought for and secured numerous preliminary injunctions for the quick enforcement of claims, based on patents, trademarks, designs or the Unfair Competition Act (UWG).
- Dr. Eike Schaper has gained particular expertise in the enforcement of rights as well as seizures at trade fairs.
- Since 2013, Dr. Eike Schaper has also been active as a lecturer at the DeutscheAnwaltAkademie (Academy for Attorneys-at-Law) for their seminar on patent infringement proceedings.
- Patent, trademark, competition, and design law; forensic and advisory work
- Protection of a medical product both due to infringements of registered patents and designs and due to unfair replicas (Act against Unfair Competition; UWG)
- Proceedings against unfair replicas (after expiration of the patent protection) taken all the way to the Federal Court of Justice
- Involvement in a global dispute on the design of tablet PCs and smartphones
- Proceedings regarding the protectability of a 3D shape mark taken all the way to the Federal Court of Justice
- Involvement in a Europe-wide dispute with preliminary injunctions regarding the infringement of a supplementary protection certificate for a pharmaceutical
- Decision by the FCJ containing a guiding principle regarding the delay in nullity appeals (patent law)
- Choice-of-Law Rules in the EU – Special Issues with Respect to Community Rights – Infringement of Community Trade Marks and Applicable Law, in: Drexl, Josef / Kur, Annette (editor), Intellectual Property and Private International Law (IIC Studies Vol. 24), 2005, p. 201 - 213
- Durchsetzung der Gemeinschaftsmarke – Internationale Zuständigkeit, anwendbares Recht und Rechtsfolgen bei Verletzung, Schriftenreihe zum gewerblichen Rechtsschutz, Volume 140, 2006
- Die Zigarettendefinition gemäß Art. 4 Abs. 1 Richtlinie 95/59/EG, Anmerkung zum EuGHUrteil "West Single Packs", ZLR 2006, p. 158 - 162 (together with Dr. Andreas Wehlau)
- Efficient IP Enforcement at Trade Shows in Germany, IP Litigator Volume 16 Number 4, July/ August 2010, p. 27-33
- Law studies at the University of Bayreuth, Germany, and the Université Montesquieu, Bordeaux, France; legal clerkship at the Hanseatic Higher Regional Court in Hamburg, Germany
- Maîtrise en droit privé (Bordeaux)
- Fellow at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Patent, Copyright and Competition Law in Munich, Germany
- Doctorate on the enforcement of the Community trade mark (now: EU trade mark)