German & European Patent Attorney
Dipl.-Inf. Thomas L. Lederer
Patent Attorney at ABP Burger Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft since 2021.
Thomas L. Lederer is one of few German patent attorneys holding a diploma in computer science. He specializes in patents for computer-implemented inventions and in particular in the field of artificial intelligence. In addition to being admitted as a representative be-fore the European Patent Office (EPO) and the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), Thomas L. Lederer is also authorized before the German Patent and Trademark Office to handle secret patents (patent applications involving state secrets). In addition to his work at the law firm, he is a co-author of the "Kley" Compendium, as well as tutor for courses for the European Qualifying Examination (EQE) at the Center for International Intellectual Property Studies (CEIPI) of the University of Strasbourg.
- Patent grant procedures before the EPO and national procedures in DE, AT, CH, US, etc.
- Computer-implemented inventions, in particular in the field of artificial intelligence
- Advising small and medium-sized companies in IP matters
- Drafting patent applications, assistance in the grant procedure
- Representation before the EPO, WIPO and national offices in DE, AT, UK, CH
- Preparation and conduct of oral proceedings
- Holding in-house training courses for developers at clients' premises
- Patent law advice for decision makers, inventors and developers
- Analysis of possible infringements, monitoring of competitors, FTO
- Experience in small, medium and large law firms as well as in the industry
- One year of service at the German Patent and Trademark Office and the Federal Patent Court
- Internship at the Higher Regional Court of Munich
- European patent law at the URS Strasbourg (CEIPI)
- Law for patent attorneys at the FernUniversität Hagen
- Studies and diploma in computer science at the LMU Munich
- Studies of physics (LMU Munich) and mechanical engineering (TU Berlin)