Specialist Legal/Technical Translator
Louisa Wegener, M.A.
Specialist legal/technical translator at ABP Burger Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH since July 2020.
Louisa Wegener specializes in legal and technical translations in particular in the fields of technology, mechanics and engineering, and deals with various IP-related technical texts.
The translation team ensures that your patent applications, contracts and other technical texts are translated accurately and consistently and are treated confidentially. We use modern translation resources such as CAT tools and terminology databases to implement the highest level of quality and consistency for you. We also work closely with the firm's patent attorneys and attorneys-at-law to ensure that our translations always meet the highest legal, technical and linguistic standards.
- Technical translations related to European and international patent, trade-mark, and design law
- IP-related terminology und research work
- Translation of various technical texts in the field of intellectual property, in particular patent applications
- Terminology and research work including terminology management in corresponding databases
- Use of CAT tools and terminology management systems
- Providing advice on linguistic questions and ensuring consistent communication
- Participation in the workshops "Creative Thinking and Translation for Advertising”, "Précis-writing at the United Nations” and "Website localization using CAT tools
- Master of Arts in Specialised Translation (with distinction), University of Westminster, 2019
- State-qualified translator and interpreter, Fachakademie des Fremdspracheninstitutes der Landeshauptstadt München, 2018
- Foreign language correspondence, Inlingua München, 2015